Thursday, January 26, 2012

Top baby names of the Decade..Did your baby make the list? Mine did!?

Baby names are a trend all their own, and so we can't ignore the top baby names of the decade. The most popular baby names of the decade, according to BabyCenter, are:



Girls' Names:





1.Emma

2.Emily

3.Madison

4.Isabella

5.Ava

6.Sophia

7.Kaitlyn

8.Hannah

9.Hailey

10.Olivia

Boys' Names:





1.Aiden

2.Jacob

3.Ethan

4.Matthew

5.Nicholas

6.Jack

7.Joshua

8.Michael

9.Ryan

10.AndrewTop baby names of the Decade..Did your baby make the list? Mine did!?
My oldest is Ethan, not because it was a popular name just the only one we could agree on, LOL. My youngest is Alexander.
I actually like most of the names on the top 10s this year. Madison, Hailey and Aiden are ones I simply can't like, but otherwise, great names.



None of my baby names are on either list. All of you who have Madisons, Haileys and Aidens can take great pleasure in the fact that you probably would hate my chosen names - all ethnic Scandinavian and German.Top baby names of the Decade..Did your baby make the list? Mine did!?
One of my daughters Ava is at #5 and her middle name at #3.

None of my other children are in the top 10, though I am surprised James, one of my sons names, is not there.

I am unsure why, but I am quite surprised Kaitlyn is a popular name and quite surprised Jessica is not there as it normally comes in high!

xx
No, thank god! I doubt his name is even top 100 and I would like it to stay that way. Common names take away the individuality- IMO. I didn't want him to be Michael B. or Michael C. or Michael T,G, H. etc like they label kids in school- I wanted him to be the one and only.



Its not an absolutely unheard of name- but not common either- just what I like.Top baby names of the Decade..Did your baby make the list? Mine did!?
No- All of those are good names, but I am rather glad my daughters' names didn't make the top 100 for the decade or the year they were born in. My parents gave me a name that was popular but not unheard of either and I have always like that. So I did the same with my daughters' names.
Nope! :) I'm glad because I don't want my kids to have overly used names when they are in school. My daughter is Aubri and my son is Caleb. M step-son is Jacob (#2 on the list) but he missed the decade by one year (he was born in 1999).
Mine was #14 Lily. Not too popular, I refused to give my daughter one of the trendy names. My name is Ashley and was the #1 name the year I was born. It really sucked having 3 people with the same name as you everywhere you go.
I happy to say that, no, neither my son's first or middle names are on the top ten. Heck, his name isn't even in the top five hundred!
My son made the list for #1 just not the same spelling(It was also the #1 name for 2008 when he was born) but the wee girl didnt. I wish it wasnt so popular either but i honestly cant see him with another name.
Neither one of my girls made the top 10, although Allison was likely quite popular in the last decade or two....
Nope! Ariana isn't too common, that's why I like it. But I don't know any babies named Sophie or Sophia. Maybe it's a regional thing.
nope.. mine is going to be named kayden and my boy is going to be brayden
Nope didn't make the list, i went for the "L" theme and tried to make them more on the not so popular side. Leahna, Lorenzo, LaNyah!
My daughter's name is Abigail and I think it was 12th place. I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping it wasn't going to be used that much.
Definitely not.
Nope. My son is Quinnton (Quinn) and my daughter is Addison (Addy)
i love .Sophia i'm soo glad that the name made it i think Bentley should be on there
nope. neither name i chose made the list

Landon

Brileigh
My son, Riyen, is number 9 on the list, my soon to be daughter, Ayah, isn't.
Nope. My little girl's name is going to be named Arianna
nope my babies name is gonna be julianna
  • christian book
  • watch weeds season 7
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment