Thursday, January 26, 2012

Would you use any of the top baby names from 1880 (the oldest year on record in the USA)?

Would you use any of the top baby names from 1880 (the oldest year on record in the USA)?



Boys

1 John

2 William

3 James

4 Charles

5 George

6 Frank

7 Joseph

8 Thomas

9 Henry

10 Robert

11 Edward

12 Harry

13 Walter

14 Arthur

15 Fred

16 Albert

17 Samuel

18 David

19 Louis

20 Joe



Girls

1 Mary

2 Anna

3 Emma

4 Elizabeth

5 Minnie

6 Margaret

7 Ida

8 Alice

9 Bertha

10 Sarah

11 Annie

12 Clara

13 Ella

14 Florence

15 Cora

16 Martha

17 Laura

18 Nellie

19 Grace

20 Carrie





I quite like this names list. What do you think? Would you consider these names?Would you use any of the top baby names from 1880 (the oldest year on record in the USA)?
I like:



William

James

Charles

Joseph

Thomas

Henry

Robert

Edward

Walter

Arthur

Samuel

Louis



Mary

Anna

Minnie (As a nickname)

Margaret

Ida

Alice

Clara

Florence

Cora

Grace
For the most part, I love the names on these lists!



For boys I like: William, James, Charles, Joseph, Thomas, Henry, Edward %26amp; Harry

I've had all of those on my list at some point or another!



For girls I like: Anna, Emma, Alice, Ella, Cora, %26amp; Grace!



Some combos I like:

William Harry (on my list, exactly like that) "Will"

Charles Joseph "Charlie"

Henry James

Edward Thomas "Teddy"

Emma Grace "Emme"

Ella Alice "Elle"

Cora Alice

Anna GraceWould you use any of the top baby names from 1880 (the oldest year on record in the USA)?
These are my type of names! Old fashioned and traditional, but I think some of them are too dated to use now.

I'd use:

John, William, James, Thomas, Edward, Henry, Samuel and David

Anna, Elizabeth, Alice, Clara, Ella, Florence, Martha, Grace and Carrie (as a nick name for Caroline)



I like most of them, but some I don't like enough to actually use.
I would definitely use as a first name: Clara

I would consider as a first name: Samuel, Charles, Anna, Ella, Alice, Emma

I would use as a middle name: John, William, James, Joseph, Thomas, David, Henry, Robert, Mary, Grace, Laura, Cora, Annie, Sarah, Margaret, Elizabeth

I would never use: Edward, Harry, George, Frank, Walter, Arthur, Louis, Joe, Fred, Albert, Nellie, Martha, Florence, Bertha, CarrieWould you use any of the top baby names from 1880 (the oldest year on record in the USA)?
Yes, definitely.



I would use:

- William

- James

- Charles

- Thomas

- Henry

- Samuel



{though I also like, just wouldn't use: George, Edward, and Harry}



- Anna "Annie"

- Emma

- Elizabeth

- Margaret "Maggie"

- Clara

- Ella

- Florence "Flora"

- Grace



{I also like but just wouldn't use: Sarah and Cora}



My favorites: William, James, Charles, Elizabeth, Ema, and Grace



=)
I love many of the boy names, especially Joseph, Thomas and Henry.

The girl's list is nice as well, although some I really don't like. I absolutely love Alice, though, and I think Mary, Anna, Annie (I like it as a nickname), Clara, Florence and Laura are very pretty.
It's great how many of those names still show up on popular lists today! The really great names stand the test of time.

It would be quicker to list the few names I wouldn't use:

George, Frank, Harry, Louis, Fred, Joe, Walter
Minnie, Ida, Bertha, Clara, Florence, Cora
BOYS

1 John - nope. never.

2 William - yes

3 James - nope

4 Charles - not in a million years

5 George - no

6 Frank -no

7 Joseph - no

8 Thomas - no

9 Henry - yes

10 Robert - yes

11 Edward - no

12 Harry -no

13 Walter -no

14 Arthur -no

15 Fred - no

16 Albert -no

17 Samuel -no

18 David -no

19 Louis -no

20 Joe -no



Girls

1 Mary - no

2 Anna- no

3 Emma - yes i adore this name

4 Elizabeth-no

5 Minnie-no

6 Margaret-no

7 Ida-no

8 Alice -no

9 Bertha-no

10 Sarah-no

11 Annie-no

12 Clara-no

13 Ella- yes i adore this name

14 Florence-no

15 Cora- no

16 Martha-no

17 Laura-no

18 Nellie-no

19 Grace- yes

20 Carrie- no
I would use:

Boys

1 John

2 William

7 Joseph

8 Thomas

17 Samuel

18 David

19 Louis

20 Joe



Girls

1 Mary

2 Anna

3 Emma

4 Elizabeth

5 Minnie

6 Margaret

8 Alice

10 Sarah

11 Annie

12 Clara

13 Ella

14 Florence

15 Cora

16 Martha

17 Laura

18 Nellie

19 Grace

20 Carrie



(:
Yes, Yes, and Yes! I really like Laura, Clara, Nellie, Grace, my cousin's daughter's name is Ella, I have two little girls in my class named Emma.

I also like some of the boys names, Thomas, Henry, Robert, Charles, William, Joseph. Good Names!!
I like quite a lot.



Louis, William, James, Charles, Thomas %26amp; Henry.



Girls I like Anna, Emma, Elizabeth, Alice, Annie, Ella, Cora, Laura, Nellie %26amp; Grace.





I really like them, and would consider all of them.
I'd consider the following:

John, Charles, George, Joseph?, Thomas, Henry, Robert, Harry, Walter?, Arthur, Albert and David.



Anna, Minnie (if short for Minerva), Ida, Alice, Annie (if short for Anneliese) and Florence.
I actually love a lot of these names.



I'd use James, William, Charles, Joseph, Edward, Walter, Samuel, Louis, Mary, Anna, Emma and Grace. Some I'd use as middle names, but I like all of these.
I'd use William, James, Charles, Joseph, Henry, Edward, Arthur, Samuel %26amp; David for boys.

For girls, I'd use Anna, Emma, Elizabeth, Ida, Sarah, Clara, Florence, Cora %26amp; Grace.

I love old fashioned names! :)
I'd pretty much consider using all of these names because they're right up my street in the naming style department. My particular favourites are:



Boys:

William

James

Charles

George

Joseph

Thomas

Henry

Robert

Edward

Harry

Arthur

Samuel

David



Girls:

Mary

Anna

Elizabeth

Ida

Alice

Florence

Cora

Martha

Grace



:)



Victoria
Love:

Henry

Florence



Like:

William

Grace

Nellie (Although I see it as more of a nickname, Helene with Nelie as a nickname would be a love)

Alice

Martha

Cora (Again, would be in the love category if used as a nickname for Coraline or Cordelia)



=]
William, Joseph, Thomas and Harry are nice names for a boy. Sarah, Annie and Grace a pretty names for a girl. The names are not terrible, yet only the ones I listed above, I could consider those.
I would definitely use:



Boys

1 John

3 James (100% love)

8 Thomas

10 Robert



Girls

1 Mary

2 Anna

11 Annie

14 Florence

20 Carrie



:D
There are some lovely names here!



I like these;



*= would happily name a child this



John*

William*

James*

Charles*

Frank

Thomas*

Robert

Walter*

Samuel

Louis



Mary

Anna*

Elizabeth*

Minnie [ as a nickname ]

Margaret

Alice

Sarah

Clara*

Florence

Cora

Laura

Grace*

Carrie*
Yes! I LOVE James, Thomas, Emma, Sarah, Ella, and Grace!
for boys I would consider John, William, or Charles

for girls I would consider Emma, Elizabeth, Ella, or Grace
For boys, I would consider



James and Samuel



For girls, I would consider



Anna, Emma, Elizabeth, Annie, Ella, and Laura



MUCH better than the name we hear today.
Most of these names I would consider :) I quite like them.



BOYS:

William

James

George

Thomas

Henry

Harry



GIRLS:

Mary

Anna

Emma

Alice

Sarah

Annie

Ella

Cora

Laura

Nellie

Grace (my favorite name ever)
It's funny that so many of these are still around, so many years later...



I would use:

Anna

Emma

Elizabeth

Clara

Cora



William

James

Charles

Joseph

Thomas

Henry

Samuel
No! I wouldn't because there is to many of those people with those names in the world. I want a name that is unique and not a lot of people have.
Just think; so many of these are still popular!!



Girls;

Minnie.

Alice.

Clara.

Florence.

Carrie.

Grace.



Boy;

Joe.





x]
I would use william, thomas, samuel, ella, grace, and carrie.
From the boys list, I would consider using:

Charles

Arthur

Walter

Louis



Girls:

Ida (As a middle name)

Florence

Nellie
Definitely, I'd use --



John

William

James

Charles

Thomas

Henry

Harry

Samuel

David



Mary

Emma

Elizabeth

Annie

Grace
John, James, Henry



Mary, Anna, Ella
Yes, I would use some of these names.



Boys:



James

Joesph

Thomas

Charles

Robert



Girls:



Anna

Emma

Elizabeth

Ella

Grace

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment