Thursday, January 26, 2012

Top baby boy names.. and being "sick of them"?

So on babynames.com I am checking out the top baby names:



1 AIDAN/AIDEN/ADEN

2 ETHAN

3 NOAH

4 CAYDEN/CADEN/KAYDEN/KADEN

5 CALEB/KALEB

6 BRADEN/BRAYDEN/BRAEDEN

7 JACOB/JAKOB

8 LANDON

9 LIAM

10 LUCAS/LUKAS

11 CONNOR/CONNER/CONOR

12 BENJAMIN

13 JACKSON

14 ALEXANDER

15 GAVIN

16 GABRIEL

17 ELIJAH

18 OWEN

19 TRISTAN/TRISTEN

20 OLIVER

21 WILLIAM

22 LOGAN

23 DYLAN/DILLON/DILLAN

24 JACK

25 NATHAN



Every time I post or see a post about "Aiden/Aaden/Aden" people are quick to complain about how popular it is.. but really, any of these names are obviously WAY up there on the popularity list and I don't see people whining about the other names on this list when I know I see plenty of these others ALL over the place as well.



What is your take on this?Top baby boy names.. and being "sick of them"?
I agree it doesn't make any since while people would complain about a baby name cuz it's popular and then go and suggest other very popular names.



I completely get what u are saying, and i feel the same way, it really makes no sense, lol, obviously they can not like the name just cuz it's not there taste in names or because it's so popular, but they shouldn't suggest oh really popular names to replace it lol.



Hope this helps, :D.
Well, some of the names on this list are new and trendy, and will fade out of popularity once people get tired of them. But some of the names here are timeless classics (William, Benjamin, Jacob) that will always be in style. They may have a surge of popularity now and then, but they aren't new and made up names, so they have a lot more credibility than a Cayden or a Gavin.Top baby boy names.. and being "sick of them"?
My opinion is the fad names are the ones botherin the crap out of me- the rhyming Aidan,Braden,Kaden and the Caleb and variations as well as Landon and Tristan. Aiden isnt so bad for aging-but I think its rhyming counterparts are.



The more traditional and used for years popular names are fine by me.

I have a Liam and its a traditional Irish name,a name my family has passed down,I had that picked out before its popularity.
I think that people are just getting sick of them because they here a lot of similar sounding names (ayden sound) just now. Personally, I LOVE the name Aiden, and it's not actually very popular where I live so it's not like there's three Aidens in every class. I actually only know of two Aidens, and one is a few years older than the other anyway.



Aiden, Ethan, Caleb, Lucas, Alexander, Logan, Dylan %26amp; Nathan are all personal favourites of mine.Top baby boy names.. and being "sick of them"?
not sick of kaiden (my nephew's name)



tha main name i am SO SICK of hearing or seeing (even though its my fiance's name . brother n law's name, and nephew's middle name, i HATE tha name Michael.



I think Michael is tha most annoying and commonly used name. Overly used. I like tha name Logan.
I do not care for the Aiden names and do not see what is so special about them. In a schoolyard when someone says Aiden or Braiden or Jaiden, 15 people are going to think they are talking about them. that is why I like names that are more unique.
People are entitled to not like Aiden if they don't want to. It doesn't matter if it's number 1 on the list or number 135, if they don't like it, the dont' like it.
BENJAMIN name growing young like movie!!
I agree. I'm not crazy for alot of these names. I like a few, but I don't want to name my kid anything from the popularity lists.
I had wanted to name my son Jacob. Then I saw that the year he was born it was the #1 boys' name. He ended up being Joseph. Its not even on the list.
Aidan is my favorite guys name in the world, I didn't realize it was so popular though : (
I do love the names Lucas and Jackson.
My opinion is that people are going to name their kids whatever name they want and it could be a name at the top, middle, or bottom of the list, to them it is "their childs" name. People post on here all the time, "should I name my baby boy this" or "is this name ok for a girl" and some people do consider the opinions of total strangers and others go with it anyway because that is the name they have picked out.

So what if the name Aiden is the most popular name, who cares its a name, names have trends, they fade in and out of the spot light its what they do.
I, for one, am sick of the name Aiden and all of its rhyming counterparts. I just don't see why people are so attracted to it, and the fact that it's a fad is just annoying. I've seen people say they like those names because they're unique and different, but it's not going to be so cute in 10 years when there's a whole classroom full of kids who basically all have the same name. Where's the diversity in that? How is it a different and unique name when every mother is naming their child either Aiden, Brayden, Cayden, Hayden, or Jayden? I know 4 people in the past 3 months who have done this! Also, to me it seems like people are choosing those names because it sounds cute, but their child won't be a baby forever. It's a name that doesn't seem to have potential to age well.



However, I'm not annoyed at the other top boy names because they've always been around and popularity goes in circles. For some reason, these names just got popular again. The Aiden name and its counterparts seem and sound made up and just came out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment