Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Do you think a name can be unique if it's in the top 100 names?

I see people post over and over calling people's baby names weird, sometimes they are, but sometimes they are really popular names just newly in fashion...like Teagan or Caden. If a name is in the top 100 baby names for recent years, it's not That weird.|||Yea,The more weird/unique the better of a name :)|||You know what they say: You are unique just like everybody else.

People are always trying to come up with weird and "unique" names...but the truth is they aren't.

Unfortunately when parents do call their children made up "weird" names all they end up doing is calling their children names that the kids end up changing when they get old enough to do so because they have been tormented throughout their school lives. Poor kids I feel sorry for them.|||I say it's the child that makes the name unique and not vice versa.



Like, if he is one of the several -aiden or -ayden's in his class, it doesn't mean he will be just like them, he'll have a personality of his own. =)|||I dunno - when my grandma was a girl, the fashion at that time was to feminize masculine names so you had some really bad names like "Virgilene" or "Harleena". Personally, I don't care how popular that trend was, those were some awful names. She, thankfully, escaped and was named Theresa. : )|||NO?|||if u have a name that's popular then it is not unique but your surname is different|||My son is 18 now. I alson have an older daughter and a younger daughter. It took ages to decide on names for the girls, but from the second I found out I was pregnant I knew that if it was a boy I would name him Andrew. Dunno why really. No one in the family is named that name. It is oldfashioned I know, but it sounds so strong. And as a baby I refused to let him be called Andy, if I wanted him called Andy I would have named him Andy, same thing with Drew. I hear those names alot, but rarley do you hear the full name Andrew any more. It has always been in the top list of names, but most people shorten it. I love the name and it fits my son to a T. Sometimes the older names are the best!
  • permit practice test
  • college books
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment