Saturday, February 18, 2012

Top 10 Baby names in my region?

A hospital in my area has released the "Top Ten" list for babies born specifically in this area. What do you think of the names?





BOYS:


1) Jacob


2) Ethan


3) Andrew


4) Dylan


5) Alexander


6) David


7) Anthony


8) Jayden


9) Joshua


10) Logan





GIRLS:


1) Isabella


2) Sophia


3) Mia


4) Samantha


5) Ava


6) Sofia [yes, another spelling of Sophia - they're both in top 10]


7) Alyssa


8) Emily


9) Emma


10) Madison|||Predictable. :] Here's the top ten for Arizona:


♂ Angel, Jacob, José, Daniel, Michael, Anthony, Jesus, David, Joshua, Gabriel


♀ Emily, Mia, Ashley, Isabella, Emma, Samantha, Abigail, Sophia, Madison, Elizabeth





Since Phoenix has a overwhelmingly large Hispanic community/population, it's not unusual to see Angel, Jesus, and José in the top ten for most common boys' names in Arizona. Additionally, Isabella and Mia are very common among Hispanic families. I am surprised to not see Jayden in the top ten for Arizona.





I went to college in Idaho, where a majority of the residents are white. The most common names there in 2005 were:


♂ Ethan, Jacob, Gabriel, Michael, Logan, Samuel, Andrew, Carter, Tyler, Alexander


♀ Emma, Madison, Emily, Hailey, Abigail, Olivia, Hannah, Alexis, Grace, Samantha





You'll notice: no José, Angel, Mia, or Isabella. Also apparent is the influence of regional locations, as Hailey is a popular ski resort town in Idaho and Logan is a city close by in northern Utah.





Interesting isn't it? That even though we're all in the same country [even all in the west half!] the names can be so diverse. It's a shame that Anthony is so popular because I love it so much. ♥|||BOYS:


1) Jacob - I like.


2) Ethan - I love.


3) Andrew - It's ok.


4) Dylan - Nice.


5) Alexander - I like.


6) David - Very popular in my area too.


7) Anthony - Dislike.


8) Jayden - Dislike


9) Joshua - Dislike.


10) Logan - Love!





GIRLS:


1) Isabella - Hate. I love Isobel and Isabel though.


2) Sophia - Lovely.


3) Mia - Lovely.


4) Samantha - Dislike.


5) Ava - Its ok.


6) Sofia [yes, another spelling of Sophia - they're both in top 10] - I prefer Sophia.


7) Alyssa - Nice.


8) Emily - Popular in my area too.


9) Emma - " "


10) Madison - Its ok.|||For boys, I like about half of them, mainly the classics - Andrew, Alexander, Anthony (this one surprises me actually, I didn't realise it was so popular!) and Jayden (even though it's very overused now, I've liked the name for a while.) Jacob, Ethan, Dylan and Logan aren't bad names, just very predictable and they don't really stand out to me at all. David and Joshua are strong and classic, but just not names I personally like.





For girls, I like all of them except Madison! Popularity aside, they're beautiful, feminine, classic names. I love Isabella, Sophia (I'd have both of these on my list if it wasn't for their popularity!), Samantha and Emma. Madison is only one that strikes me as purely trendy and lacking in substance.|||Boys:


1) Jacob-- Cute! I think it's in the top 10 anywhere you go! :)


2) Ethan-- Love this, again, it's popular anywhere.


3) Andrew-- Only my list!


4) Dylan-- Meh, it's not my favourite name.


5) Alexander-- Like it more as a middle name.


6) David-- Very handsome.


7) Anthony-- Cute! :) More so as a middle name though.


8) Jayden-- Very popular.


9) Joshua-- Love this name! Really like the nick name Josh.


10) Logan-- Dislike, not my cup of tea.





Girls:


1) Isabella-- I think this name is # 1 anywhere you look, just like Jacob.


2) Sophia-- Cute! Prefer the spelling Sofia though.


3) Mia-- Cute, but very over used.


4) Samantha-- Never liked this name.


5) Ava-- Cute, but kinda blah.


6) Sofia-- Very pretty name, I like the spelling too!


7) Alyssa-- Not a fan.


8) Emily-- On my list! Spelled the french way though, like Émilie


9) Emma-- Cute! So much better than Ella.


10) Madison-- Really pretty! Really popular too!





=)|||Jacob and Isabella as the top two names? Definitely too many twi-hard fans in your area.


I think most of the boys' names are nice and simple except Jayden (too many "Karate Kid" fans?) and Logan (too many "X-Men" fans?). I thinks all the girls' names are nice except Madison (too many "Grey's Anatomy" fans?). If you ask me, all the women in your neighbourhood who have given birth recently are either Twilight-obsessed teenagers or women who spend way too much time in front of the telly. Please go for something different, even if it means resorting to "boring", "traditional" or "religious" names.|||BOYS:


1) Jacob-its cute, but not fave


2) Ethan-its really not my type...


3) Andrew-LOVE IT!!! its so cute


4) Dylan-its alright...


5) Alexander-love this! strong and handsome...and my brother :))


6) David-nice enough, but not the best


7) Anthony-hate this sry


8) Jayden-its too modern for me


9) Joshua-it seems too childish on an adult


10) Logan-nice!!!





GIRLS:


1) Isabella-beautiful and pretty!!!!!!!!


2) Sophia-cute and girly!


3) Mia-sweet and short!!!


4) Samantha-nope...saMANtha...just not appealing to me


5) Ava-sweet! kinda simple, but not bad


6) Sofia-i prefer the other spelling tbh...


7) Alyssa-its cute but i like Alice or nn Alice


8) Emily-soo common and boring to me


9) Emma-cute and sweet!


10) Madison-kinda too MAD to me u no?





cute! i love Andrew and Isabella the most :))|||BOYS:


1) Jacob - It's cute 9/10


2) Ethan - Love it 9/10


3) Andrew - my favourite name :) 10/10


4) Dylan - I really like it 9/10


5) Alexander - Don't really like this one 4/10


6) David - Not my favourite 6/10


7) Anthony - Dislike this for some reason 2/10


8) Jayden - Cute 9/10


9) Joshua - Dont mind it 7/10


10) Logan - I like this one 8/10





GIRLS:


1) Isabella - Pretty 10/10


2) Sophia - Cute 9/10


3) Mia - Favorite name, love it! 10/10


4) Samantha - It's alright 7/10


5) Ava - I've never really liked this name 5/10


6) Sofia - hate the spelling 2/10


7) Alyssa - I've always liked this one 9/10


8) Emily - Beautiful 9/10


9) Emma - Cute 8/10


10) Madison - I like this a lot 10/10





I like the majority of these names. They're all pretty nice :)|||BOYS:


1) Jacob- Love this name. very biblical


2) Ethan- I prefer Ian


3) Andrew- Nah...


4) Dylan- Nah...


5) Alexander- too common


6) David- LOVE ( i know its common)


7) Anthony- Nah...


8) Jayden- nah...


9) Joshua- LOVE


10) Logan- no. just no.





GIRLS:


1) Isabella- never liked this name


2) Sophia- never liked this name


3) Mia- no


4) Samantha- i know a fat person named Samantha...


5) Ava- its ok


6) Sofia- See Sophia.


7) Alyssa- I like this name


8) Emily- nah


9) Emma- my sisters name but nah


10) Madison- my other sisters name but nah|||I like Jacob, Alexander, and Ethan from the boys. The rest I don't like.


I like Isabella, Samantha, and Ava from the girls. The rest I don't like.


I hate Sophia/Sofia, Emily, Emma, Mia, and Madison|||Jacob: Reminds me of twilight


Ethan: Alright


Andrew: Boring


Dylan: Cute


Alexander: Love this name


David: Boring


Anthony: Boring


Jayden: Typical


Joshua: Cute


Logan: Adorable





Isabella: Twilight


Sophia: Cute


Mia: Cute


Samantha: boring


Ava: Typical


Sofia: Dont like it


Alyssa: Boring


Emily: Boring


Emma: Boring


Madison: Boring|||for the boys i like


Jacob


Andrew


Alexander


David


Anthony





Dylan, Joshua, Logan, and Ethan are ok





and i hate Jayden





for girls love them all except for Samantha and Madison they are both just ok|||I like Jacob,Alexander and Joshua;


also Sophia,Mia,Ava and Emma





I know they are very very common about


everywhere but I still think they are pretty|||Boys: I like Alexander, Jayden and Logan.


Girls : Isabella, Mia, Ava and Madison.





The rest might be a little too common but there are quite a few nice names there!|||For the boy names, I like:





Jacob


Ethan


Dylan


Alexander


Jayden


Logan





For the girl names, I like:





Isabella


Sophia


Mia


Ava


Sofia%26lt;--Prefer this spelling


Emily








* I think they are all cute :)|||i tried to avoid most popula\r names as it spoils them i picked lucy and then lydia but both have caught on|||I like Ava, Emily and Emma, but I'm just sick of hearing the rest of them.|||I don't like Jayden or Madison, but the rest are all very nice names. :-)|||I like Andrew, but the rest sound hackneyed to me.|||They've all become pretty boring and quite common.





Jayden is the only name there I really don't like. Quite...chavy.|||Not surprised, heard them all before. Some I like and some I don't.|||BOYS:


1. Jacob 8/10 i like this name, its cute. (its my brother's name)


2. Ethan 5/10 its alright but not one of my favs.


3. Andrew 3/10 its okay but i've never been a big fan of it.


4. Dylan 3/10 i used to be obsessed with this name when i was little but now i don't really like it.


5. Alexander 10/10 i love this name sooooo much, its so cute and its a great name.


6. David 7/10 its alright (this is my cousin's name, my uncle's name, and my other cousin's middle name)


7. Anthony 1/10 i hate this name and i don't know why. (its my cousin's name)


8. Jayden 10/10 i love this name so much. its my favorite boy name ever!!!!:)


9. Joshua 10/10 i like it a lot. and i would definitely use this name if it wasn't my cousin's and brother-in-law's name.


10. Logan 10/10 great name, i love it





GIRLS:


1. Isabella 10/10 its adorable but very very very very common!!


2. Sophia 10/10 again its cute but extremely common.


3. Mia 10/10 i love this name, its third on my top ten girl name list.


4. Samantha 6/10 i don't really like this name. its alright thou.


5. Ava 10/10 love it, its another name on my top ten girl name list.


6. Sofia 10/10 love it. not to crazy about the spelling thou. (this is my baby cousin's name and this is actually how she spells it)


7. Alyssa 3/10 its okay but im not a big fan


8. Emily 10/10 i love it. its very cute and classic (my cousin's name)


9. Emma 5/10 its alright but i prefer it at a nickname rather than a full name


10. Madison 4/10 never really liked this name

No comments:

Post a Comment